Discover Cigref's report on the theme of Digital Sobriety, 2021 edition. The working group that wrote this report was led by Christophe Boutonnet, Hervé Dumas, Jean-Christophe Chaussat and Aurélie Gracia Victoria
The report deals with the management of the environmental footprint of digital technology in large organizations.
Measuring the environmental footprint of a company in a comprehensive way is a complex challenge, which requires a certain transparency from all the actors of the ecosystem. Nevertheless, it is a necessary step to evaluate and accompany companies towards digital sobriety.
In this report, you will discover in particular:
- The deployment of life cycle assessment methodologies
- The measure of the impacts related to IT parks and data centers,
- The integration of measurement in each new IT project,
- The development of environmental KPIs dedicated to digital,
- The definition of skills dedicated to the measurement and understanding of the environmental impacts of digital technology
- Determining the environmental ROI resulting from these approaches.
These major areas have been defined based on scientific data and collective requests to strengthen transparency and data sharing